Tuesday 3 July 2018

Side Striped Trousers | Restyle Revolution

I have loved the style of these trousers for so long now, but I could never find the right pair that had exactly what I wanted and for a decent price. Bearing in mind that I originally made these trousers in December, I have now found this amazing pair from Primark that have rainbow stripes down the side of the leg. However, I still really love this pair as they are more of a classic tribute to the athleisure style.



This is quite a simple 'Restyle Revolution' as I'm not completely changing up the whole purpose of the existing garment, instead just embellishing on what is already there. I purchased these trousers from a charity shop, however they were originally from New Look; it appears that they seem to be a part of a basic work range so you can probably still purchase them. However, this restyle can be done on any style of trousers you have!




I couldn't personally find a ribbon that had all three of the colours in one ribbon, so I had to DIY the ribbon as well, but it was super easy to create as all I had to do was sew 1 straight line down the middle white ribbon to secure it to the navy and red ribbon underneath it. If you do have to create your own striped ribbon, then you will have to ensure that they decrease in width to allow all the colours to be seen. But if you find a ribbon that already has the colours you want, then you can skip this step.



To attach it all to the trouser leg, I sewed two more straight lines down the navy blue outer ribbon on both edges to secure it to the trousers. This process could be done by hand, however I chose to use my machine for convenience and time purposes.



This process was super inexpensive as I bought the trousers for £1 from a charity shop and the ribbon was only around £6, but that was because I had to purchase three different ribbons and I got 2.5 metres of each when I definitely didn't need that much with my short legs! So a tip would be to measure the length of your trouser legs beforehand, multiply it by two and maybe add 10cm extra just to be on the safe side and this also allows you to fold over the edges so it doesn't fray at either end. If you are able to find ribbon that already has stripes in it or you want to do a solid colour stripe, this would also reduce costs.



These trousers are also super effortless to wear; they can be paired with literally anything! I personally styled them for this bike ride with a slogan tee from Primark and gingham bow sliders also from Primark to play with the colours that are found in the trousers. I added this hair scarf into my ponytail as I think it's a good way to make an otherwise dull hairstyle more interesting.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig