Friday 13 October 2017

My Halloween Costumes Through the Years

Since today is Friday 13th, I thought I might as well get started with my Halloween themed blog posts! One thing you should know about me is that I love Halloween; dressing up and making my own costumes is so much fun, so today I thought I would take you down memory lane, I present to you some of my Halloween costumes from the past few years!

I'm going to start with 2014, when I was going through a phase of absolutely loving everything Miley Cyrus related! I even ran an Instagram account dedicated to her - that's true devotion! Obviously, I was a bit late to this bandwagon as this look was from the 2013 Video Music Awards, but I didn't really care; it was slightly controversial and my parents didn't entirely agree with the costume choice, which really fueled that teenage rebellion!


In the year following, 2015, my friends and I didn't really feel like going out; nobody we knew was throwing a party and we were a bit old now for trick or treating. So we decided to stay at home and do some Halloween DIYs. We made mummy jar lanterns and gothic flower crowns. After finishing these before it was even dark and putting on skull makeup, we ended up going trick or treating anyway which also included an impromptu photoshoot in the park!




Last year, I actually hosted a Halloween party, so naturally, I had to be the belle of the ball. I went for something vague and definitely not scary, but very glamorous as a 1920's flapper girl. This costume developed through the week leading up as I accumulated more props from my friends and the trusty roof where you can find pretty much anything if you look hard enough! So when the big night came around, I was really impressed with myself, I had spent no money on this costume, yet managed to still look like how I intended.



I actually didn't manage to get any photos of just me last year because as said, I was hosting, so most of the night was spent making sure everything was running smoothly. But here is me with my friends, which might give you even more Halloween inspiration - getting four for the price of one, lucky you!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig